Episode 38 – Solution Engineering
Welcome to Season 4 of our podcast. Today we are talking about Solution Engineering, aka Presales, and what you can expect from your vendor’s solution engineers (vs. their consultants).
In this episode of the podcast we are talking about:
- What is a Solution Engineer?
- What is their primary job focus and their scope of work and process?
- What are Consultants (and are they different from Solution Engineers)
- What are the required skill sets for Solution Engineers (and Consultants)?
- How to work with both – when to contact, what info they need, and what to expect.
Ep. 38 – Solution Engineering – What's Your Baseline? Enterprise Architecture & Business Process Management Demystified
- In this episode we made some references to previous episodes
Music by Jeremy Voltz, www.jeremyvoltzmusic.com
- CP1 (Welcome)
- interludes to be added
- South Wing (Outro)
Roland Woldt is a well-rounded executive with 25+ years of Business Transformation consulting and software development/system implementation experience, in addition to leadership positions within the German Armed Forces (11 years).
He has worked as Team Lead, Engagement/Program Manager, and Enterprise/Solution Architect for many projects. Within these projects, he was responsible for the full project life cycle, from shaping a solution and selling it, to setting up a methodological approach through design, implementation, and testing, up to the rollout of solutions.
In addition to this, Roland has managed consulting offerings during their lifecycle from the definition, delivery to update, and had revenue responsibility for them.
Roland is the VP of Global Consulting at iGrafx, and has worked as the Head of Software AG’s Global Process Mining CoE, as Director in KPMG’s Advisory, and had other leadership positions at Software AG/IDS Scheer and Accenture. Before that, he served as an active-duty and reserve officer in the German Armed Forces.