This show is about Enterprise Architecture and Business Process Management, and how you can set up your practice to get the most out of it.
It is for newbies who just get started with these topics, organizations who want to improve their EA/BPM groups (and the value that they get from it), as well as practitioners who want to get a different perspective and care about the discipline.
Learn more about the show and read articles about EA and BPM on www.whatsyourbaseline.com.
Welcome to another episode of our podcast. Today we are talking about how to choose a process mining tool, to close the loop to the “How to select an architecture tool” episode (link in the full show notes on whatsyourbaseline.com/episode30).
In this episode of the podcast we are talking about:
• What are process mining tools and how they are different than other tools (BI tools, modeling tools) and how can they work together
• Features to look at when choosing a process mining tool
◦ Process Explorer (listen to the details what tools today can and cannot do)
◦ Variant analysis
◦ Root/cause miner, ideally AI-driven
◦ Custom dashboards
◦ Calculate new fields
◦ Package (dashboards, transformations, calculations) and make it reusable
◦ Predictive analysis
◦ Trigger actions (as a quick fix for a process, not a redesign)
• Integration requirements
◦ Integration with source tools
◦ Integration with other mining tools (task mining)
◦ Integration with architecture tool
◦ Integration with process execution
• Cost and other considerations
The full show notes, including graphics, further links, credits, and transcript, are available at whatsyourbaseline.com/episode30.