Episode 27 – BPM & EA Maturity
Welcome to another episode of our podcast. Today’s topic is about growing the practice by assessing and developing the maturity of your BPM or EA Maturity.
In this episode of the podcast we are talking about:
- What is maturity and which three areas you should focus on (content, governance, adoption)
- Assessment of capabilities (5 big buckets)
- What to rate the maturity against, e.g., CMMI
- An example of how an assessment can be built and used on a regular basis
- How to grow the maturity over time
- Tips on how to get the full picture on where you are on your journey (individual maturity vs. organizational maturity)
Ep. 27 – BPM & EA Maturity – What's Your Baseline? Enterprise Architecture & Business Process Management Demystified
- In this episode we made some references to previous episodes
- The three areas of a successful implementation
- Five capability areas of an architecture practice – also see this article: https://www.whatsyourbaseline.com/2021/06/ea-capability-model/
- A few resources for maturity scales
Music by Jeremy Voltz, www.jeremyvoltzmusic.com
- CP1 (Welcome)
- Lofi Lobby Loop (Interlude 1)
- FC3 (Interlude 2)
- Cowbell (Interlude 3)
- South Wing (Outro)
Roland Woldt is a well-rounded executive with 25+ years of Business Transformation consulting and software development/system implementation experience, in addition to leadership positions within the German Armed Forces (11 years).
He has worked as Team Lead, Engagement/Program Manager, and Enterprise/Solution Architect for many projects. Within these projects, he was responsible for the full project life cycle, from shaping a solution and selling it, to setting up a methodological approach through design, implementation, and testing, up to the rollout of solutions.
In addition to this, Roland has managed consulting offerings during their lifecycle from the definition, delivery to update, and had revenue responsibility for them.
Roland is the VP of Global Consulting at iGrafx, and has worked as the Head of Software AG’s Global Process Mining CoE, as Director in KPMG’s Advisory, and had other leadership positions at Software AG/IDS Scheer and Accenture. Before that, he served as an active-duty and reserve officer in the German Armed Forces.