Episode 60 – Operational Intelligence: Shoeb Javed
We are wrapping up Season 5 of this podcast with an episode that I was looking forward to for quite some time now – we are talking about operational intelligence.
What is that, you might ask. Well it is the insights into what your complex organization does by using technology and measuring the important things, while making them visible for you as a decider when you need to take not only the “big decisions”, but all those small decisions that you take dozens or more everyday. Those micro-decisions made by many, many people in organizations that pile up and determine the ‘actual’ direction.
Our guest this week is Shoeb Javed, the Chief Product Officer of iGrafx. He is a seasoned technology executive with broad experience in intelligent automation, process intelligence and enterprise software, and has a proven track record of leading product and technology teams that build amazing digital transformation solutions.
Shoeb loves to collaborate with digital transformation leaders to deliver meaningful business outcomes, and is a philosopher, swimmer, and biker.
In this episode of the podcast we are talking about:
- Shoeb’s background
- What is operational intelligence?
- Why is it important to businesses?
- What technologies are available today that help companies use operational intelligence to benefit their business?
- How do I implement operational intelligence in my organization?
- How should I measure the success of my operational intelligence efforts?
- As a Chief Product Officer, how do you approach this in your company’s technology? Can you tell us more about what iGrafx is doing in this area?
Ep. 60 – Operational Intelligence: Shoeb Javed – What's Your Baseline? Enterprise Architecture & Business Process Management Demystified
- We mentioned Simulation as a key component of Operational Intelligence, and we had an earlier episode in which we spoke with John Hill about this topic here: https://www.whatsyourbaseline.com/2023/05/episode-47-process-simulation-john-hill/.
Music by Jeremy Voltz, www.jeremyvoltzmusic.com
- CP1 (Welcome)
- Jetstream (Interlude 1)
- Airplane Seatbelt (Interlude 2)
- South Wing (Outro)
Roland Woldt is a well-rounded executive with 25+ years of Business Transformation consulting and software development/system implementation experience, in addition to leadership positions within the German Armed Forces (11 years).
He has worked as Team Lead, Engagement/Program Manager, and Enterprise/Solution Architect for many projects. Within these projects, he was responsible for the full project life cycle, from shaping a solution and selling it, to setting up a methodological approach through design, implementation, and testing, up to the rollout of solutions.
In addition to this, Roland has managed consulting offerings during their lifecycle from the definition, delivery to update, and had revenue responsibility for them.
Roland is the VP of Global Consulting at iGrafx, and has worked as the Head of Software AG’s Global Process Mining CoE, as Director in KPMG’s Advisory, and had other leadership positions at Software AG/IDS Scheer and Accenture. Before that, he served as an active-duty and reserve officer in the German Armed Forces.