Meet the Maker – Jakub Dvořák
The Meet the Maker Interview series is a fun and relaxed behind-the-scenes insight into people and what they do. Showcasing their talents as well as seeing what makes them tick. From ‘What’s your party trick?” to “You’ve got a week off, where are you going?” we want to know where they are and how they got there. Check out our interviews with architects, process people, agile folks, and more.
Jakub is running his own podcast “Mining your Business” on which I was a guest a few weeks ago. He will also be our guest on episode 24 later this season, where we are talking about process mining and how it is to be a new entrant in the business process space.
My name is Jakub Dvořák and I’m a Lead data scientist at a consulting company Processand. My main task is to ensure that the process mining implementation is a success that ends up with a value realized in your organization. Together with my colleague, I also run a podcast show dedicated to process mining called Mining Your Business.
And last but not least, as a side gig I also run a Czech personal finance blog and podcast Rozbité prasátko, which also happens to be a huge passion of mine.
1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to ride a tractor and be a farmer! Part of me still does.
2. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do for a living? (in case you have your own firm: what was the moment that prompted you to start your own brand?)
I am a data scientist, which means that I help people find answers in their data! And it couldn’t be more exciting as it combines two things I love – numbers and people. On the side, I’m also running a personal brand dedicated to personal finance. My huge interest in investing was a trigger to start it.
3. In 3 words, describe your occupation or what do you enjoy most about your job?
Making a difference.
4. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Learn a foreign language. And make sure it’s English. Without English, I would not be where I am today.
5. What are your main sources of inspiration? Are there any outlets you reference regularly?
I read a lot of books and listen to a bunch of audiobooks and podcasts. My goal is to read or listen to at least 20 books a year while mostly focusing on money and self-development literature.
6. Where do you see yourself (and your brand if applicable) in 10 years time?
If I’m speaking for Processand, than the goal is clear – we want to be understood as the best process mining consulting company on the market that can solve all your problems!
7. What’s the most treasured belonging/item in your own home?
My new coffee machine – ECM Classika PID.
8. What was the last rule you broke?
This morning I wanted to wake up at 6am. I overslept for 2 hours.
9. What’s one thing other people may not know about you (for example any hidden talents)?
With 1,83 m of height I dunked a basketball on an NBA height rim in 2020 as a part of a journey to my life-long goal. It was on the last day before all gyms were closed due to covid restrictions, and I streamed it live on Instagram. I haven’t made it ever since.
10. You’ve got a week off, where are you going?
Hiking in the mountains. Any mountain would do!
A playlist for a birthday party of my dear friend 🙂
Where to find the maker
- Website: https://www.processand.com/, https://rozbiteprasatko.cz/, and https://www.miningyourbusinesspodcast.com/
- Job Title: Data scientist and personal finance nerd
- Location: Prague
- LinkedIn and other profiles: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dvoorajak/
Roland Woldt is a well-rounded executive with 25+ years of Business Transformation consulting and software development/system implementation experience, in addition to leadership positions within the German Armed Forces (11 years).
He has worked as Team Lead, Engagement/Program Manager, and Enterprise/Solution Architect for many projects. Within these projects, he was responsible for the full project life cycle, from shaping a solution and selling it, to setting up a methodological approach through design, implementation, and testing, up to the rollout of solutions.
In addition to this, Roland has managed consulting offerings during their lifecycle from the definition, delivery to update, and had revenue responsibility for them.
Roland is the VP of Global Consulting at iGrafx, and has worked as the Head of Software AG’s Global Process Mining CoE, as Director in KPMG’s Advisory, and had other leadership positions at Software AG/IDS Scheer and Accenture. Before that, he served as an active-duty and reserve officer in the German Armed Forces.